BREAKING: Susannah Fox is HHS’s new Chief Technology Officer

Susannah FoxA quick first post, copied from Facebook:
“Hugest news EVER! Susannah Fox​ is the new Chief Technology Officer at U.S. Department of Health and Human Services​. How amazing is that??”

5774679790_d1d8d4afabMy comment on Susannah’s short post: “This wins my prize as the biggest government-based Mazel Tov in the history of the e-patient movement!  Bringing heart and soul to health IT???  From someone who knows how people ACTUALLY use the internet??  How great is this??”

If you don’t know Susannah Fox’s views about data, here’s Regina’s post about Susannah’s jacket in the Walking Gallery of Healthcare​, titled “Data Mote.” THIS is our new CTO.

I for one am sending my deepest personal thanks to HHS Secretary Sylvia Burwell. Tweet your thanks to her at @SecBurwell. This is SO much the right message to be sending. May this venture be blessed.

Posted in: general | key people | medical records | news & gossip | PM Tech | policy issues | positive patterns

Comments

10 Responses to “BREAKING: Susannah Fox is HHS’s new Chief Technology Officer”

1. Joe Graedon says:

Hooray and WOW!. The best news EVER for sure. Thanks for getting it out there ASAP Dave!

2. Hugo Campos says:

This is fantastic news! It gives me hope that things will continue to change for the better. I wish Susannah great success at HHS. Congratulations!

3. Having friends in high(tech)places gives hope to all who care about healthcare.

4. Carla B. says:

second every sentiment above with hugs and congats to Susannah! Also agree with PeggyZ that this adds even more reason to hope that healthcare will keep on improving for all.

5. What amazing news! Congratulations to Susannah!

6. Peter Elias says:

Great news. When I saw the first mention of this, I checked to be sure it was not Onion or Borowitz. Nope, it is real. We should all be pleased.

7. Sue Woods says:

Yippee! I don’t know anyone who has more of a finger on the pulse of health related consumer/patient/caregiver information & technology behavior and usage.
    HUGE.
    Just HUGE.
    And welcome to Federal Service, pardner.

8. What an impressive adventure the past couple of years has been for our Susannah: from Pew to RWJ to HHS! Congratulations!

9. Judy Phalen says:

I can’t think of anyone else better suited to this role! Congrats!

10. Congratulations to Susannah! And, to eHealth and HHS!!